AREAs OF PRACTICE
Defense of Construction Accidents
A large part of our practice involves the New York Labor Laws (sections 200, 240, 241, 241(6)) relating to the defense of accidents on construction sites, resulting in serious personal injuries and potential violation of the New York State Industrial Code.
Our team has represented:
- Construction companies
- Building/property owners
- General contractors
- Site managers, equipment lessors in cases involving injuries to both construction workers and bystanders.
We have a successful record as a result of scrutinizing the plaintiff’s conduct and reviewing alleged violations of liability.
A few examples of our team’s experience include:
- Construction accidents involving injuries resulting from ladders, cranes, forklifts; scaffolding accidents; operating dangerous equipment; and workers hit by falling objects.
Our team is constantly looking for potential risk transfer opportunities for our clients.
The team at our firm has vast experience defending:
- Construction managers
- Property owners
- Design professionals
- Materials suppliers against claims of property damage, as a result of alleged construction defects.
Our team has defended clients in matters involving:
- Breach of contract
- Negligent supervision of contractors
- Design flaws and structural defects allegedly causing physical damage to property, lost revenues, and reduced property values.
We are skilled in the evaluation of:
- Loss of revenue to the property owner
- Inconvenience, and renovation costs as a result of claims of defective workmanship
- Assessing issues related to liability, apportionment, damages, and insurance coverage.
A few examples of the type of defects we have defended include:
- Design flaws and structural defects
- Defective building materials causing property damage
- Cracked ceilings and walls, roof and stairway collapses, water infiltration and waterproofing issues.
Our firm also counsels in the review and negotiation of construction and supplier contracts and agreements, on behalf of construction firms, property owners, builders, contractors, developers, architects, and other related industry professionals to facilitate the smooth completion of the project and avoid misunderstandings and serious disputes.
However, when necessary, our team also:
- Mediates, arbitrates, and litigates breach of contract, payment terms and financial responsibility for payment and completion of the project.